Described in the 2022 edition of the Legal 500 as an “extremely able Partner in the team” and in the 2018 edition as ‘astute and sensible’, Alice is an experienced family law solicitor with strong academics and over fifteen years’ post qualification experience as a family law specialist. She joined Thomas Mansfield in October 2018 as Senior Associate and was quickly promoted to Partner within the growing family law team.
Alice adopts a conciliatory approach to cases and works closely with clients and other professionals to build a team who can work together to achieve the most positive outcomes available to her clients. Alice is a qualified mediator and alongside her family law practice, offers family mediation to assist parties in reaching amicable settlements using this alternative route.
- Alice acts for clients in all areas of family law and is particularly knowledgeable in divorce and the financial and children issues that stem from it.
- Alice has a wealth of experience in dividing family assets and is able to provide pragmatic advice, reaching amicable solutions wherever possible in a cost effective way.
- Alice is commercially minded and is able to look at cases holistically to determine the most positive outcomes, obtaining input from her expert contacts including accountants, actuaries, surveyors and specialist counsel.
- Alice has experience in advising on more complex financial issues such as pensions, property portfolios, company structures and trust arrangements.
- Focused on the preservation of assets both prior and during marriage, Alice frequently drafts and advises clients on pre and post nuptial and cohabitation agreements.
- Unmarried partnerships require specialist advice and Alice is able to assist in resolving these disputes by giving guidance on division of properties and assets.
- In her children law practice, Alice is able to devise workable arrangements for how children will spend their time following family breakdown.
- Alice will quickly recognise when a case requires judicial input and is able to guide clients through the process of preparing for and attending Court. She is known for her strong sense of justice and will fight on her client’s behalf with passion and determination.
- Recent Court highlights include when Alice was successful in obtaining permission from the Court for a mother to return to her native France with her young baby and achieving a shared care arrangement for a father enabling him to see his children again following a difficult separation.
Alice is frequently recommended by her existing clients and professional contacts and has been described as having a “personable and empathetic manner” and “a tenacious approach to her cases”.
- “Alice was kind, understanding and patient. She listened to me and took time to find out how she could best help me. She encouraged me to find a resolution through mediation, that would limit the cost to me and result in the quickest final result.”
- “The case was scheduled for a final hearing and I was faced with an application for costs. Alice Scambler took control and de-escalated the situation, negotiated an excellent settlement and a consent order was put in place with which I am very happy. Myself and my son are now free to pursue our weekends together without interference.”
- “We used Alice Scambler for our Divorce Mediation. Alice was incredibly patient and friendly and made the process as amicable as it could possibly be. We would recommend her and Thomas Mansfield to anyone in the same position.”
- “Throughout the case you have been able to answer all my questions, been fantastically well organised and prepared. Written some great letters and given good advice. Thank you and on behalf of our children, who will now still get to see their Daddy, thank you.”
- “I am very impressed with you and the team. You are knowledgeable and caring which is a brilliant combination.”
- Resolution and founding member of Young Resolution in Kent
- Kent Law Society
- Past board member and current member of the Sevenoaks Chamber of Commerce
- Founding member of the Next Generation Business Chamber